Vimium C (hfjbmagddngcpeloejdejnfgbamkjaeg): A keyboard shortcut tool for keyboard-based page navigation and browser tab operations with an advanced omnibar and global shortcuts... Read More > or Download Now >
Vimium C for Chrome
More About Vimium C
* press `f` to hint all clickable elements of the current web page
* press `o` to show a search panel ("Vomnibar", a safe iframe) to search in your history, bookmarks, opened tabs and configured search engines, and you can even remove a history or tab by selecting a search result and pressing Shift+Delete
* press j, k, h, l to scroll down/up/left/right on web pages
* press "/" to search for text; press "v" to enter Visual Mode (just like VIM)
* press Shift+J, Shift+K, `g0`, `g$` to switch to the previous/next/first/last tab
* press `x` to remove a tab, and Shift+X to restore recently closed tabs (sessions), and many other commands
* command repetition: for example, pressing `5X` (`5`, Shift+X) will restore 5 recent closed tabs
* configure key mappings to bind Vimium C's tens of commands to other key sequences, and add options to switch command behaviors
* apply a blacklist or whitelist of key mappings on configurable special websites and URLs
It can copy any selected text and current tab's title and URL to the system clipboard, and read the clipboard to search the copied text using a specified search engine.
It will provide 8 "global" browser shortcuts: createTab, previousTab, nextTab, reloadTab, and some others, so you may bind some key sequences to them, and then these commands will work even when a page has no focus (e.g. when the browser address bar is focused).
It will register an omnibox keyword "v", and if you input "v" and press Space on the browser address bar (omnibox), you can do searches for history, bookmarks and tabs just like you're inputting on its Vomnibar.
It supports encoded URLs, and you can search Chinese, Japanese and Korean words in URLs of history and bookmarks. You may configure it to decode URLs in a charset of your locale .
It will download all synced settings from the Internet during the first installation, and you may enable/disable the syncing on certain computers.
If you have any blacklist/whitelist of key mappings, it will monitor browser tab URL changes to re-check whether a new URL matches your URL pattern list.
Vimium C may show a notification when it gets upgraded to a new minor version.
For more information about release notes, rebinding your keys and how to use many of Vimium C's features, please see here: https://github.com/gdh1995/vimium-c#readme . There're also wiki pages.