Editors' Words: Display web pages using IE within Chrome. Use Java, Silverlight, ActiveX, Sharepoint, and more. A "Top 10" extension since 2009!. .Top 10 Chrome extension since 2009!Now with MAC & CHROMEBOOK support!!IE ... Read More > or Install Now >
IE Tab App / Specifications
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Version: 22.214.171.124
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: No
- • File name: ie-tab.crx
- • Rating average
- 4.3 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: April 26, 2018
IE Tab / Screenshots
IE Tab / Description
Top 10 Chrome extension since 2009!
Now with MAC & CHROMEBOOK support!!
IE Tab exactly emulates IE by using the IE rendering engine directly within Chrome. This will enable you to use ActiveX controls and test your web pages with different versions of IE (IE6, IE7, IE8, or IE9).
-- FEATURES --
* Create a list of URLs that will automatically open in IE Tab
* Group Policy support for enterprise deployments
* Securely use the old IE rendering engine
* Edit Sharepoint documents instead of opening read-only
* Use Java, Silverlight, and ActiveX in Chrome seamlessly
-- THE DEVELOPER --
IE Tab is brought to you by Blackfish Software, LLC, a software development and consulting company based in Kirkland, WA, USA.
-- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS --
1. Why do I have to install ietabhelper.exe?
IE Tab uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine. This rendering engine can't be directly accessed from a Chrome extension, so we need a helper process to talk between the Chrome extension and the rendering engine.
2. Did IE Tab always require this extra program?
No. Chrome used to support a technology called NPAPI (the Netscape Plugin API) which allowed extensions to access local computer resources. IE Tab used to use that functionality to access the Internet Explorer rendering engine. But Chrome removed NPAPI support, so we were forced to implement a new solution, and that solution requires a separate helper executable. From a technical standpoint, the only real change is that our code moved from an NPAPI .DLL file to a helper .EXE file.
3. Is the IE Tab Helper application safe?
Absolutely! IE Tab has always used native code, and we have always treated the security of our 2+ million users very seriously. So you can rest assured that this helper executable is secure and trustworthy.
4. I'm an enterprise customer, how do I deploy the IE Tab Helper automatically?
We have enterprise deployment options, please contact us at [email protected] for details.