HTML Validator App / Specifications
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Version: 0.9.8.8
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: Yes
- • File name: html-validator.crx
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: January 11, 2018
HTML Validator / Screenshots
HTML Validator / Description
This is the first version of HTML Validator extension for Chrome.
HTML Validator for Chrome is a browser extension that adds HTML validation inside Developer Tools of Chrome. The number of errors of a HTML page is seen on the form of an icon in the status bar when browsing. The details of the errors are seen when looking the HTML source of the page.
The extension is based on Tidy. The algorithm was originally developed by the Web Consortium W3C. The algorithm is embedded inside your browser and makes the validation locally on your machine, without sending HTML to a third party server.
HTML Tidy is a helpful program that tries to help people to correct their HTML errors. It finds HTML errors and classifies them in 3 categories:
* errors: HTML errors that Tidy cannot fix or understand.
* warnings: HTML errors that Tidy can fix automatically
* (optional) accessibility warnings: HTML warnings for the 3 priority levels defined in W3c WAI
There is also an automatic "Clean up" button that will do his best to propose you a cleaned version of your page, without errors.