Chrome Extension Source Viewer 1.6.13 CRX for Chrome
A Free Developer Tools Extension
Published By Rob W
Chrome Extension Source Viewer (jifpbeccnghkjeaalbbjmodiffmgedin): View source code of Chrome extensions, Firefox addons or Opera extensions (crx/nex/xpi) from the Chrome web store and elsewhere.... Read More > or Download Now >
Chrome Extension Source Viewer for Chrome
225.05 KBChrome Store
- • Rating Average
- 4.59 out of 5
- • Rating Users
- • Total Downloads
- • Current Version Downloads
- • Updated: April 19, 2022
Chrome Extension Source Viewer is a free Developer Tools Extension for Chrome. You could download the latest version crx file or old version crx files and install it.
More About Chrome Extension Source Viewer
- Button at the Chrome Web store
- Download extension as zip file
- View source
- Configurable via context menu on button: Set one-click action via "primary action on click".
- View source:
- File name/type filter
- Search in the file content (literal or regexp)
- Automatic beautification (formatting) of code
- Syntax highlighting
- Show hashes (md5, sha1, sha256, sha384, sha512) of individual files
- Image preview
- View embedded zip files
- View any zip file by URL or file chooser
- View source of platform-specific extensions (such as Chrome OS-only extensions, or NaCl for a different architecture).
- Permalink to file and search result within a zip or extension file.
- Full support for incognito mode.
- Outputs public key and extension ID to the console.
Optional features (see options page):
- View source of Opera 15+ extensions or Firefox addons.
- "View extension source" contextmenu item on links to Chrome extensions
- View source of Chrome extensions outside the webstore. The View source button becomes visible when you select a CRX file for download.
Source code: https://github.com/Rob--W/crxviewer
Online demo: https://robwu.nl/crxviewer/
Add "downloads" permission to make sure that the "Download" button always works as intended.
Add extra parameters to the CRX URL to make sure that CRX files of extensions uploaded to the Chrome Web Store after July 2014 are correctly read.
- 1.2.6: Sync options, use optionsV2, show numeric progress instead of dots, updated JSBeautifier, restore font size.
- 1.2.7: Bugfixes (viewer height, checkbox filter).
Support Firefox addons (also available as a Firefox addon!)
Search within files
Customize webstore download parameters
View embedded zip files and any zip file
- 1.3.1: Use correct URL for loading extension files.
- 1.3.2: Bugfix to allow unusual extension URLs to be opened again.
- 1.4: New syntax highlighter, improved search controls, improved word wrap.
- 1.5: Calculate hashes, add link to Github project page, bugfix for case-sensitive search.
- 1.6: Improved search highlighting & also search in beautified content.
- 1.6.2: Configurable "primary action on click", open new tab next to current tab.
- 1.6.4: Support the new CRX3 Chrome extension file format (#62).
- 1.6.6: Permalink support, Firefox add-on finder.
- 1.6.7: Fix broken extension due to bug with storage access and NativeCrxBindings.
- 1.6.8: Support CRX3 file format from CWS; support some other AMO domains.
- 1.6.9: Add option to add the context menu item to more links (#69), open new tabs via context menu next to current tab.
- 1.6.10: Improve syntax highlighting (perf, highlighting of WebAssembly source), show sum of file sizes.
- 1.6.11: Add "Extension ID" row at Analysis of manifest.json, improve CRX3 public key detection, improve zip fallback detection.
More Extensions to Consider (Similar or Related)
React Developer Tools 4.27.2 (2/16/2023)
Dynatrace Real User Monitoring 1.6.2
Tag Assistant Companion 22.214.171.124