Wikipedia with MathJax 0.0.13 CRX for Chrome
A Free Productivity Extension
Published By Boris Gromov
Wikipedia with MathJax (fhomhkjcommffnlajeemenejemmegcmi): Renders Wikipedia equations with MathJax... Read More > or Download Now >
Wikipedia with MathJax for Chrome
47.86 KBChrome Store
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Latest Version: 0.0.13
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: No
- • Developer: Boris Gromov
- • Rating Average
- 4.61 out of 5
- • Rating Users
- • Total Downloads
- • Current Version Downloads
- • Updated: March 13, 2018
Wikipedia with MathJax is a free Productivity Extension for Chrome. You could download the latest version crx file or old version crx files and install it.
More About Wikipedia with MathJax
Left-Click on equation to instantly zoom it to 200% (can be changed via MathJax menu).
Right-Click on equation to show MathJax's context menu with additional options, e.g. "Scale All Math..." to instantly scale all equations on a page, "TeX commands" to see the source TeX equation etc.
Extension is now published under New BSD License (https://github.com/bgromov/wiki-mathjax/blob/master/LICENSE.md) with the source code available here (https://github.com/bgromov/wiki-mathjax).
For bug reports and feature requests, please use the Issue tracker (https://github.com/bgromov/wiki-mathjax/issues).
- Change MathJax CDN to CDNJS (Thanks to Lorenzo Cameroni and Peter Krautzberger).
- Add support for chemical equations (Thanks to Jordan Wade).
Improvements and bug fixes (Thanks to Lorenzo Cameroni):
- Adapt to recent Wikimedia math engine changes.
- Improve work-around for unbalanced braces bug on Wikiwand.
- Add missed symbols to MathJax config.
- Finally fix the problem with descriptive annotations for equations (some equations have textual descriptions instead of TeX code, perhaps for accessibility reasons). Now the math is loaded from corresponding source pages (edit pages).
- Update jQuery to v1.12.3. Extension seems to work a bit better with Wikiwand now.
- Add support for Wikiwand (wikiwand.com). Quick and hackish implementation, that tries to fix broken equations on Wikiwand pages.
- Add support for WikiBooks (wikibooks.org).
- Extension now uses official Wikimedia MathJax config. Still, there are some glitches, so the local copy is used for now.
- Fix MathJax CDN URL (Thanks to Thomas Kriechbaumer).
- Add MathJax Preview feature. For smoother user experience original images replaced only after MathJax typesetting is ready (Thanks to Peter Krautzberger).
- Fix: by default MathJax using different from LaTeX color macro. That makes certain equations unable to render (for example, see Extended Kalman Filter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Kalman_filter#Discrete-time_predict_and_update_equations) ). The problem is solved by MathJax' `color` extension.
- Fix: Fix: extension now works on secured (https) version of Wikipedia
- Fix: extension now works on secured (https) version of Wikipedia
- Now supports some non-standart LaTeX commands specific to Wikipedia markup language.
- Inline equations are scaled down to 100% (previously were same as display equations, i.e. 125%)
- Symbols which are not a part of display equation, i.e. not typed in between <math>...</math>, but right after it, will be displayed from the next line. This is along with LaTeX markup rules and won't be fixed.
- (Fixed) Fraction bar is oversized on scaled pages in recent versions of Chrome (e.g. 21.0.1180.75), this is a bug in MathJax/Chrome and not related to extension. See https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mathjax-users/TWNUoKIaF4I%5B1-25%5D
More Extensions to Consider (Similar or Related)
Avira Password Manager 188.8.131.5230