Norton Password Manager for Chrome
More About Norton Password Manager
• Helps securely store your passwords in an encrypted vault that only you can access
• Saves addresses and credit cards for faster online checkout
• Helps you create complex passwords with a built-in password generator
• Stores frequent flyer numbers and other password protected notes
This extension uses permissions that produce the following Chrome messages to perform necessary functions within the extension.
“Read and change all your data on the websites you visit”
Shown for permissions needed for supplying password manager features to all types of pages you browse.
“Read your browsing history”
Shown for permissions needed for:
- automatically opening and close new tabs when opening the vault, displaying vault contents, or autochanging a password.
- examining webpages you browse to display product controls in the webpage itself (badges in form fields, popup windows with lists of logins, etc.)
“Modify data you copy and paste”
Shown for permissions needed for giving convenient clipboard usage of user-selected vault data (e.g. a login's username or password).
Shown for permissions needed for showing alerts when important changes are happening to a vault or when an error has occurred.
“New background app added
Norton Password Manager will launch at system startup and continue to run in the background, even once you've closed all other Google Chrome windows.”
Shown for permission used to keep the extension running in order to quicken startup times and reduce number of times vault authentication is needed.
This extension also uses permissions that are not displayed in Chrome for performing certain functions within the extension:
“webRequest” and “webRequestBlocking” permissions
Needed for authenticating access to your vault.
Used to store and retrieve settings data used by the extension.
By using this add-on, you are subject to the product terms specified here:
Norton Product and Service Privacy Notice: https://www.symantec.com/privacy/norton-privacy-english
Copyright © 2019 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec Logo, the Checkmark Logo, Norton, Norton by Symantec, LifeLock, and the Lockman Logo and are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Google Chrome is a trademark of Google, LLC. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.