Enhanced ESPN NBA Box Score 0.3.19 CRX for Chrome or Chromium
Updated: October 16, 2018
More about Enhanced ESPN NBA Box Score
- When you land on the box score page you may need to refresh your browser. For best results open a new tab and hit: http://espn.com/nba/scoreboard.
- Works on the box score and play-by-play pages.
- If the stat highlighting or 4 factors stop working, try hitting the refresh button next to the ESPN logo.
- Failing that, refresh your browser.
- Fits everything on one page. Team box scores appear side-by-side rather than stacked.
- Highlights stats as they change.
- Adds "4 factors" team stats below box scores plus Pace, Offensive Rating and Defensive Rating (based off Basketball Reference formulas and are updated live throughout the game based on time elapsed).
- Adds extension popup with quick access to scores and links to schedule (click the red basketball icon).
- Adds individual player advanced stats once a match is completed (working on adding this during live games).
- Highlights which players are currently on-court. This is based on the 5 players for each team who most recently had a statistic update. Takes a while to kick in, particularly during time outs, end of quarters or if no one scores for a while.
- Adds play-by-play info below box scores, including key stat highlighting.
- Adds the score of the current game to the page/tab title.
- Works for NCAA (not including pace / efficiency stats).
- Unhides team stats (fast break point, points in the paint, points off turnovers, etc).
- Moves sidebar below content.
- Stops entire header from being fixed at the top of the page.
- Hides outbrain "content".
If you wish to remove ads you will need to use an ad blocker.
v 0.3.19 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
October 16th 2018
- Added a close button to the red extension navigation so it can be hidden (will re-appear if you refresh the page).
v 0.3.18 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Fixed a bug with Summer League game URLs in the extension popup.
v 0.3.17 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added Summer League support and a link to ESPN's Summer League scoreboard.
- Added Summer League games to extension popup.
v 0.3.15 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added more consistent layouts between different pages (i.e. recap, gamecast, boxscore, etc).
- Switched "Tickets" link to "Gamecast" for games which are yet to start.
v 0.3.13 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added message to extension popup for days with no games.
v 0.3.12 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Re-wrote extension popup in React (was previously jQuery) and added some loading and transition animations. Big woop.
- Highlight winning team in extension popup.
v 0.3.10 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Reduced width of "video highlights" and "latest" columns at the bottom of the page.
v 0.3.8 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added individual player advanced stats during live games.
- Added daily leaders and season leaders to ESPN stat dropdown.
- Fixed a bug with the game strip sticking to the page. This was caused by an update on ESPN's end.
v 0.3.6 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Minor UI tidy-up.
- Adjusted display format of team TS%.
v 0.3.4 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Fixed a bug where play-by-play data wasn't being formatted if it was updated after being added. ESPN have only just started doing this. On the upside you no longer need to refresh the page in order for updates to be added (this was a limitation on ESPN's end).
- Improved formatting of shot charts.
- Hardset a cookie to turn off autoplay on the box score page. This may affect autoplay on other ESPN pages but autoplay is nasty and should be discouraged. Hit me up on twitter @lenymo if you have an objection to this.
v 0.3.3 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Removed localised times in extension popup due to a bug.
v 0.3.2 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Localised times in popup.
- Added more days to popup nav.
v 0.3.1 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Updated the extension popup with game scores and quick links to box score (accessible by clicking the red basketball extension icon).
- Updated Fan Duel scoring formula to be consistent with new official NBA fantasy scoring rules (these are accessibly by clicking the [ ] ADVANCED STATS checkbox once a game is over.
- Updated the background color behind some team logos because they looked whack (Boston, Atlanta and Phoenix).
- Released 19th October 2017.
v 0.2.4 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added highlighting of on-court players to box score. This works based on the five players whose stats were most recently updated, so it usually takes a short while to kick in after a game starts or after a stoppage (time out, end of quarter). The most reliable stats to indicate who's on court are +/- and minutes because these increase even if a player doesn't add any stats but this does mean it can take a while to update if no one scores for a minute or two.
- Added handy links which appear when you hover the ESPN logo. I'll probably try and make this menu more obvious at some point.
- Updated styling of new team logos.
v 0.2.3 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added team BLK%, STL%.
- Improved speed of play-by-play highlighting.
- Updated format of team shooting percentage (50.0% instead of .500). Easier to read.
- Added sport dropdown back alongside scoreboard.
v 0.2.1 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added team pace, offensive rating, defensive rating and net rating for College Hoops. These numbers currently differ slightly from basketball reference's numbers.
v 0.2.0 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added individual player advanced stats once a game is finished. Still ironing out bugs for this to work during a live game.
- Added highlighting to play-by-play.
- In the works:
- Advanced team stats for college hoops.
- Live individual player advanced stats.
v 0.1.8 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Set all player links to open in a new tab.
- Fixed player links for Australian users (if any other countries are experiencing issues let me know).
Enhanced ESPN NBA Box Score Specifications & Downloads >