Editors' Words: Watch YouTube videos on any site in a floating, always on top window.. VideoNail brings picture in picture for YouTube on any site. Read YouTube comments or check your ... Read More > or Install Now >
videoNail App / Specifications
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Version: 0.2.5
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: No
- • File name: videonail.crx
- • Rating average
- 4.8 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: April 20, 2018
videoNail / Screenshots
videoNail / Description
VideoNail brings picture in picture for YouTube on any site. Read YouTube comments or check your email while watching a YouTube video. Seamless, automatic playback with no need to install any other apps!
***NOTE*** Google released Chrome 66 on Apr.18, 2018, with a new feature that prevents videos from autoplaying - this directly affects VideoNail, and thus you may notice that videos do not autoplay on some sites. We cannot do anything to avoid this behaviour, however, we are optimistic that there will be an option to disable this this feature in the near future.
* Floating, always on top window that can be resized and re-positioned anywhere on the screen. The window can be minimized or closed at any time.
* Supports all video types including playlists and live streams.
* Uses the native YouTube player with support for all video controls (volume, playback speed, video quality, full screen, etc.).
* Easily start on any site by right clicking a YouTube video or link.
* Works with Adblock.
* Automatically continues video from where you left off.
* No ads, does not require any additional applications to be installed.
-----HOW TO USE-----
VideoNail starts automatically when you watch a YouTube video. Just scroll down to the comment section to see it in action! Now, head over to another website and the video will stay on the screen. Drag the window around, resize it from the corners, or close it if you’re done with the video. Try it out with playlists or live streams!
In order for VideoNail to work, it needs permission to edit the website you’re on and store video metadata so it works on all pages. VideoNail never stores any user data.
VideoNail is an open-sourced project and it is not associated with YouTube or Google in any way, shape, or form. If you’re interested in contributing, check out the repo at https://github.com/pdtran3k6/videoNail.
* VideoNail does not work on certain sites that have their server set up to block external content from being loaded (like a YouTube video). This is out of our control, but fortunately so far we have found very few sites that have this problem. Ones we have found are github.com and mail.yahoo.com. On these sites, you will see an error message displayed in the player.
* VideoNail does not work with YouTube player in default view - this issue is being worked on. Currently, VideoNail will automatically switch to theatre view (cinema view).
* Ability to start a VideoNail window anytime by pasting in a URL.
* Option to sync one VideoNail window across all tabs.
* Allow customization of the player. (default position, header color, size, etc.).
v0.2.5 - Apr 20, 2018:
Fix flickering bug introduced by Chrome 66.
v0.2.4 - Apr 19, 2018:
Minor bug fix.
v0.2.3 - Apr 19, 2018:
Add ability to start VideoNail by right clicking YouTube videos or links.
v0.2.2 - Apr 18, 2018:
Add VideoNail functionality on all pages. Re-open videoNail with the same size, position, and with the previous state where users left off.
v0.2.1 - Apr 4, 2018:
Added border for resizing. Fixed incorrect scrubber position in progress bar. Always show border. Lock aspect ratio. Allow dragging on top of YouTube navbar.
v0.2.0 - Mar 25, 2018:
Added draggability to the mini player. Utilized a different method to load mini player to improve video load speed, video continuity, and display videos regardless of YouTube other sites rule.
v0.1.9 - Feb 8 2018:
Horizontally center mini player dynamically.
v0.1.8 - Oct 2, 2017:
Removed buggy setTimeout calls; mini player only shows up when users scroll.
v0.1.7 - Sep 29, 2017:
Fixed bug: mini player disappears when opening a video in new tab.
v0.1.6 - Sep 27, 2017:
Improved boot time of mini player when clicking on a new video.
Added feature: mini player won't show up when the video ends.
v0.1.5 - Sep 23, 2017:
Updated extension for new YouTube UI.
Dynamic video's size based on available browser's size.
Removed unnecessary white background.
v0.1.4 - May 5, 2017:
Fixed bugs where the playback speed of the mini player doesn't match up with the playback speed of the main player.
v0.1.3 - Mar 19, 2017:
Fixed bugs when it un-mutes the mini player even though you've muted the main player before you scroll down. Same thing for when you scroll up.
v0.1.2 - Feb 22, 2017:
Fixed bugs where a small player appears when you scroll down even though you're on YouTube's home page/subscription page/trending feed page etc.
Fixed "invalid package" error in Ubuntu
v0.1.1 - Feb 21, 2017:
You can now use Adblock with this extension. Enjoy fam :}