Rapid Journal Quality Check for Chrome
More About Rapid Journal Quality Check
This is a Chrome extension displays an academic journal's (and some conference's) ranking next to search results from Google Scholar. This also works for scholar profile pages on Google Scholar and other subpages (e.g. cited by, etc.).
Rankings are based on SJR, VHB, and CCF, and complemented with the journal's h-index.
Hovering with your cursor over the ranking scores gives you additional information such as the journals h-index and the name of the journal that was identified based on the input from Google Scholar.
Clicking on the ranking scores takes you to the work identified via the CrissRef API using its DOI. [This functionality is not available (nor necessary) when the journal could be identified directly based on the Google Scholar entry.]
This along with the identified journal name helps you to check, whether indeed the correct journal was identified based on the Google Scholar input.
This extension uses
- the public Crossref API: https://api.crossref.org/swagger-ui/index.html
- https://doi.org to link to the works identified by Crossref
- the SCImago Journal & Country Rank (retrieved July 20th, 2022): http://www.scimagojr.com
- the VHB-JOURQUAL ranking: https://vhbonline.org/en/vhb4you/vhb-jourqual/vhb-jourqual-3
- the China Computer Federation (CCF) ranking: https://www.ccf.org.cn/en/Bulletin/2019-05-13/663884.shtml
- an Icon from Flaticon.com: https://www.flaticon.com/free-icons/research
- the CCFrank extension by WenyanLiu as a basis: https://github.com/WenyanLiu/CCFrank4dblp