Comments Drawer for Google Docs for Chrome
More About Comments Drawer for Google Docs
1. Turns the popout into a drawer. Clicking on the comments button opens the drawer, and clicking on it again closes it. It won't close automatically as you work on the document.
2. The way a suggestion/comment was resolved is shown via the thread's background colour.
- "Marked as resolved", "Suggestion accepted", "Suggestion rejected" comments are hidden, since they're shown via the colours of the comments.
- If any colourblind users want to use this extension and can't due to that, please make an issue on the GitHub repository)
- Reply boxes for suggestions/comments are hidden by default, shown only when you hover over the thread or your focus is within them.
Why do I need this extension? Well, mainly because without this extension, the Comments History feature is not very useful.
1. Without, it's not a drawer, it's a popout, so as you work on the document or resolving the comments or suggestions, the popout closes.
2. Without, it's hard to tell at a glance whether a suggestion or comment is resolved or not, and how it was resolved.
3. Without, there's a lot of elements sitting around that don't provide useful information at a glance — for example, all of the automatic comments that say whether something has been resolved or not, or all of the places where you can type new comments (but very rarely actually will).
4. Without, the space the popout takes up is very small, and combined with the fact that there's a lot of unnecessary elements sitting around, it makes it so you can barely see anything by default, and it's hard to see all the comments at a glance.