Himawari 8 Satellite New Tab Page for Chrome
More About Himawari 8 Satellite New Tab Page
0.18.1 Fix GOES URLs. Thanks to @mattijn.
0.18.0 Remove d3-request and d3-queue and instead use fetch and async
0.17.0 Add GOES 17
0.16.1 Store large images with reduced quality until they fit
0.16.0 Add Meteosat images thanks to @erget
0.15.0 Add GOES 16 natural image thanks to @TheNeuralBit
0.14.0 Remove GOES 13 and 15 as NASA does not support them anymore
0.13.1 Faster time ago update
0.12.0 Improve animation initialization
0.11.1 Faster animation
0.11.0 Add GOES 16 and animation
0.10.0 Firefox support
0.9.0 Fix web extension compatibility. Immediately load new image when settings change.
0.8.0 Compatible with web extensions for Firefox
0.6.1, 0.7.0: Fix GOES caching
0.6.0: Add GOES 13 and GOES 15 images (see options). Fix issues with DSCOVR.
0.5.0: Fix issues with DSCOVR. Add enhanced images for DSCOVR.
0.4.3: Fix issue with latest date for himawari color image
0.4.2: Fix DSCOVR EPIC base url
0.4.0: Add DSCOVR images and link to explore online
0.3.2: Improve styling
0.3.1: Fix issue with options.html and options.js missing
0.3.0: Add option to choose infrared image
0.2.5: New proxy server
0.2.2: Better layout
0.2.1: Faster loading, offline support
* Loads the latest image, updates automatically.
* Automatically loads images at the optimal resolution (incl retina resolutions). If more than one image is needed, automatically downloads tiles.
* Uses Google's caching to take the load from the image servers
* Caches last version in local storage (compressed jpeg) and immediately displays it when you load the page. Then loads the latest image.
* Full offline support
* Images are drawn on a canvas so that we can cache and load it easily.
Switch between visible light and infrared images from Himawari 8 and images from the EPIC camera on the or DSCOVR satellite.
The Earth always stay centered, thanks to CSS magic.