Live Edit for Chrome
More About Live Edit
- To enable "Editing mode", click the red icon with a mouse, on the top right corner of the browser
- Based on element context you get a set of commands you can execute
- Double-click on a text element to quickly modify its content
- Right-click on any element and choose "Duplicate" from the context menu to clone that element
- Right-click and choose "Remove" to delete an element from the HTML document
- After page refresh, you are back in "Viewing mode"
Why is it useful?
- It's much faster than using the inspector for simple editing and screenshoting simple changes you may need to try and demonstrate on a page.
- "Live Edit" is a small component of a bigger framework, that allows the changes also to be propagated to a special form of backend via AJAX requests. The tool is under development, you should expect quite frequent updates with improvements and new features.
If you have any questions, or ideas for improvement, contact me on Google or Twitter.