CryptoData App / Specifications
- • Type: Free Browser Extension
- • Version: 3.4
- • Require Chrome: 45 and up
- • Offline: Yes
- • File name: cryptodata.crx
- • Rating average
- 4.8 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 2, 2017
CryptoData / Screenshots
CryptoData / Description
Easily and quickly to encrypt / decrypt:
Private messages via e-mail, blogs, social networks, forums, websites, images, etc
This addon allows you to encrypt and decrypt the text: selected or manually entered text, as well as whole site
The encryption process is based on the US military standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
All encryption and decryption is performed only on the client side without the involvement of external resources or Web services.
Examples encrypting the selected portion of text and web-site:
* Simply select the plain or encrypted text in your web browser, open the context menu by clicking the right mouse button, and you can easily encrypt or decrypt any text.
* There is also a possibility of automatic decryption.
Even if website uses a secure HTTPS-connection and access to his page requires HTTP-authentication, it does not mean that you are fully protected!
There are many ways to steal your information, for example by using a proxy, sniffer or Trojan horse program (eg such as Zeus)
But when you use addon CryptoData attacker could only get a set of useless characters!
* For convenience webmasters CryptoData sends cookie s3crypt_site_enable = true to the encrypted site. Thus, the site can recognize that the client has CryptoData and it can get the encrypted content.
* An example of the implementation of the encryption algorithm on the server side: