Tab Extract for Chrome
More About Tab Extract
● Slow to find the tab you're looking for?
● Want to reduce tab and window clutter quickly?
Tab Extract helps you easily re-organize your tabs according to the subject or site,
or quickly find a tab, or easily remove multiple tabs.
How it works:
Tab Extract will move all tabs from any window with a keyword match (in their URL or page title), into a new window.
To use, type "ex" followed by a tab/space into the address bar, then enter keywords.
✓ "ex facebook news"
will extract all facebook tabs and any tab with "news" or "facebook" in their title or URL, into a new window.
✓ "ex ."
merges all tabs into the same window. This works because all URLs have a "." in them.
✓ Batch-remove tabs by extracting tabs to a new window using Tab Extract, and then closing the window.
✓ Tab Extract can merge tabs from across different windows into the same window by using a common keyword amongst the tabs.
Notes: There is no need to select anything in the auto complete box, just press enter.
If your Chrome has saved some "ex " as a search term for autocomplete, clear your history.
---- potential upcoming features -----
- An "except" keyword option to exclude tabs with certain keywords from being moved
- Option to extract to current window
- Option to put keywords in quotes to search exact matches
- Option to "and search" where tabs must have all keywords, instead of any keyword
- A one-click auto-organize feature which analyzes your open tabs and organizes without a need to enter keywords.
tab management, tabs, Find tabs, TabKit, FoxTab, TabMixPlus, TreeStyleTabs, Too Many Tabs, Tab Menu, tab move, tab organize, duplicate, batch remove, tab split, window split