Editors' Words: Select any text on any page and translate it in just one click. 103 languages are supported!. NEW: PHRASEBOOK!Create wordlists for a language pair and fill them with words or phrases t ... Read More > or Install Now >
Instant Translate App / Specifications
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Version: 4.1.3
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: No
- • File name: instant-translate.crx
- • Rating average
- 4.3 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: August 12, 2017
Instant Translate / Screenshots
Instant Translate / Description
Create wordlists for a language pair and fill them with words or phrases that will be available even offline! Good old phrasebook format brought to your browser.
A perfect solution if
- you go abroad: to have a categorized phrasebook with words pre-saved for different situations;
- you visit language classes: to have wordlists for every class at your fingertips with text-to-speech and search;
- you are learning a new language on you own and need to save new words to learn in a very convenient way.
To start using the phrasebook feature, click on the corresponding button the top left corner on the main screen.
With Instant Translate translator, you will be able to translate words and phrases between 104 languages, use text-to-speech, and browse through already-done translations in the history.
Select text on sites, press shortcut, get translation! Or, use the pop-up window to enter the text on your own. It works even in PDF files, but only through the context menu.
Default shortcut to translate the selected text is Shift+T.
* 103 languages supported
* translate up to 20 000 characters long texts
* offline history of translations
* view addresses where and when translations were made in history
* translate in the pop-up window that’s always in menu bar of the browser
* translate selected text using shortcuts
* translate selected text from the context menu
* translate selected text in PDF files from the context menu
* translate selected text on double-click
* unpin the pop-up window and drag it where you want
* speech recognition
Everything is stored to the local history, where you can later find translations using embedded search, delete and manage your translations.
History can be also disabled in settings.
Almost any translation can be played back with the correct pronunciation.
There is a huge amount of languages that are a bit tricky to read correctly for an English-speaker, for example. Therefore, for such languages we provide transliteration along with translation. E.g., if you will be translating "Hello" into Chinese, Instant Translate will yield "你好" as translation and "Nǐ hǎo" as transliteration to get you rid of a conundrum how to read it.
Transliteration can be also disabled in settings.
DICTIONARY, I.E. A LOT OF SYNONYMS:
For majority of translations, Instant Translate will also show a lot of possibilities—divided by parts of speech—how the word can be substituted with analogs.
On almost any page (except Chrome Web Store, iframes and PDF files) you are able to select text and press Shift+T to see a tooltip with the translation. Moreover, in settings, you can create up to 9 shortcuts for different languages.
In addition to translation with a shortcut, we can add corresponding items to the context menu of the browser (when you select text and press the right button of your mouse). By clicking on them, you will also get the translated text in a tooltip.
TRANSLATING IN PDF:
In PDF files, you are able to translate selected text only from the context menu, since Chrome restricts shortcuts in their PDF Viewer.
Instant Translate is a cross-platform app which is available for almost all major platforms. Check out our site for more information: http://insttranslate.com
Please, note that Instant Translate requires the Internet connection to translate something new what’s not saved in the history.