Mail - Messenger App Intelligent Launcher for Chrome
More About Mail - Messenger App Intelligent Launcher
Mail is intended to be an efficient, lightweight add-on for those who use the Facebook Messenger browser site often. It speeds up workflow by removing the need to interact with the Messenger page's UI to open specific chats, instead using the power of the Omnibox (Chrome's address bar).
Just type an `m` in the address bar, hit `space`, and go for it! Keep in mind - Mail needs you to use Messenger once before it can suggest things to you.
- ONE TAB. If you have a Messenger tab open, Mail will use that. If you don't, it'll open one. (*And pin it too!*)
- Smart-ish Suggestions. Mail will match based on both chat URL (i.e. their FB username), as well as chat title. This works for both normal chats and group chats.
- No Login Needed. As long as messenger.com works for you normally, Mail will too.
On install, Mail will ask for permission to:
- Read and change data for messenger.com
- Read your browsing history
While the first is pretty self explanatory, the second may sound unnecessary. The reason it comes up is that mail accesses the tabs api to control how to open the messenger tab. All Chrome extensions that use this api elicit this warning.
Go to https://github.com/shiny-eel/messenger-launch for more details!
Thanks to [Hare Krishna](https://thenounproject.com/aathis/) and [The Noun Project](https://thenounproject.com) for the icon.