Smart Tab Saver App / Specifications
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Version: 1.2.0
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: No
- • File name: smart-tab-saver.crx
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Added: April 9, 2018
Smart Tab Saver / Screenshots
Smart Tab Saver / Description
Be smart and save in memory and usability in Google Chrome.
As we use the browser, with each tab we open, we make the system to reserve memory for that tab. It is usual, after a while, to end with a lot sort of chaos of tabs in the tab bar, having a lot of memory reserved for tabs that are not being used, less memory for the system and not distinguishing between tabs. Smart Tab Saver is here to avoid this! Watching over those tabs for you.
What exactly Smart Tab Saver does for you?
Automatically save any address you go, just in case you close accidentally a tab ( There is a history of three days, if you need more than three days, you always have the navigator native history).
Automatically closes any tab that has not been accessed in a customizable time interval. This is the best not only to do not spent too much memory, also to gain space in your tab bar, allowing a better experience having only the tabs you really are intersested in. You may be thinking perhaps if Smart Tab Saver allows to customize the closing, the response is yes, you have these options to configure:
- Disable tab content. This saves less memory than closing the tab but allows to still have the tab in the tab-bar.
- Suspend the tab. This saves more memory than disabling the content option and also, does not close the tab. In this case tab is completelly disabled, not just content and it is Chrome that automatically re-enables the Tab once is selected from the tab-bar.
- Do nothing. As the name says, Smart Tab Saver willl do nothing whith the Tab once should be closed, disabled or suspended.
Automatically synchronizes data and configuration. This makes does not matter in which computer you install the extension, you will always have ready your configuration and saved sessions.
There are other things that Smart Tab Saver offers:
- Save a set of URLs (Tabs) with a name, to create a session. This is very useful to group similar URLs or work sessions. Sessions does not expire after three days, like history, so you will have always them available.
- Lock/Un-Lock pages. If you do not want a page or tab to be closed, no matter the number of tabs are opened, just "Lock" that tab! It is very simple, just right click on a page and select "Lock" from Smart Tab Saver menu. When you do not need anymore that page or tab, you can un-lock in the same way you locked it.
Why Smart Tab Saver over other solutions?
Because current solutions do not guarantee a clean tab-bar, saving in memory is not always all. Smart Tab Saver is the only one that besides having what others have, takes care really of you, in browser usability terms, never having more opened tabs than you should really need, ensuring that you never will end up with more tabs than you can discern or manage. Also because is based in navigator usage experience by users that have been using actual solutions that yes, offers what they say but do not fully fulfill user requirements. So, if you want an smart "all-in-one" Tab Saving improved extension to have more memory available, a clean tab-bar, and a better Chrome user experience, Smart Tab Saver is your extension.