Editors' Words: Allows one to type in Korean Hangul and includes a romanization tool.. This extension allows one to type in Korean (Hangul) without a system-wide IME installed.To ... Read More > or Install Now >
Korean IME App / Specifications
- • Type: Browser Extension
- • Version: 1.1.7
- • Price: Freeware
- • Offline: Yes
- • File name: korean-ime.crx
- • Rating average
- 3.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: January 20, 2018
Korean IME / Screenshots
Korean IME / Video Demo
Korean IME / Description
This extension allows one to type in Korean (Hangul) without a system-wide IME installed.
To switch between standard and Hangul mode, click the "a/한" icon (the extension icon), or tap the Alt key on the right hand side of the spacebar.
The keyboard layout behaves the same as the Korean keyboard layout (2 Beolsik).
This will work from any type of keyboard (Dvorak/Russian/Azerty, etc.)
Additional features include:
* Right-click on Hangul text and click "Romanize" to get a romanization of the Hangul. This is based on Revised Romanization, but doesn't include some of the complicated rules.
* Moving the cursor to an existing character and pressing Shift+Backspace will re-enter edit mode on that character.
It should work on any input field within a webpage, except Google Chrome Store as extensions are not allowed to run on those pages.
This uses a Korean keyboard layout for the Hangul input, e.g. the letter "A" maps to the letter "ㅁ" which is 'm' in Korean. If you are unfamiliar with the Korean keyboard layout, please Google it.