Plunk for Chrome
More About Plunk
Wanna find out where your mobile users’ fingers land on your content? Or are they even plunking down on the right spot? Sometimes users feel like their bobbing for apples trying to click through a mobile site. That's why functionality, from a navigation standpoint, is crucial for touch-screen users. Plunk is the fastest way to find out if your designs work within a mobile setting.
Create click tests that give immediate feedback and efficiently visualize where mobile users respond. And with a 48-hour time limit, you can get rid of any rotten ideas quickly.
How Do You Like Them Apples?
Plunk incorporates the Click and Yes/No tests from Verify (http://www.verifyapp.com) and returns some sweet data. The results features are pretty juicy, as well. Sink your teeth into test feedback with options like:
1. Grayscale Toggle. Allows you to see those bright red plunks easily with a grayed-out version of your website. Or toggle back to see where the same clicks happened with the site’s actual coloring.
2. Thumbnail Scroll. A new feature that allows you to scroll through thumbnail images.
3. Desktop vs. Mobile View. Take a gander from either device perspective. Ta-da!
Why is Mobile Important?
Mobile is well on its way to becoming the global leader for internet and web traffic. Studies shows that touch screen interaction is on the rise. And it’s not stopping. Responsive design is obviously a key factor, but if you’re not in tune with the people using what you’ve created, you could be wasting time and money. Plunk lets you test your mobile users’ clicks to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
What can be tested with Plunk?
See where users are plunking their fingers on:
Mobile web pages
Pretty much anything that can be viewed on a mobile device
Also, if you need more mobile testing options, check out Plunk’s big sister, Verify.
Ways Plunk Will Help You
Here are 5 ways Plunk will help:
1. User intuition. See where touch screen testers want to click on your page.
2. Improve functionality. Visually review where users are expecting to find that new button.
3. Retain interaction and engagement. Test where mobile users are getting lost due to either navigation or design and keep their attention locked.
4. Mobile conversion. Feedback for creating a great design will encourage more mobile activity.
5. Bob for those apples. Stuck deciding between new mobile designs? Send them out and dive into your results to find the best one!
Just upload an image or screenshot of your touch screen idea and Plunk will create a click test from it.
Share the test link via email or a networking site like Twitter or Facebook. Then, check out the results page to see where all your testers tapped your work!
Upload Your Image
To upload your image, click the Browse button, then select a file to upload.
Tip: Plunk both supports image files (.jpg or .png)"
Share Your Tests
Copy the link to your test and toss it on Facebook, Twitter, your blog — or email it to a mobile test audience for a really direct approach.
Tip: Try one test with people who know you and your business, and one with complete strangers. It'll be really interesting to see how the results will differ!
See ALL the taps!
Access the results link to see where test takers were inclined to tap.
Tip: Seeing where people are more inclined to navigate can really help out with overall design ideas
Add the "+" and share
Sharing a test's results is as easy as adding a "+" symbol to the end of your test URL.
Tip: Share your test results with others and see if they agree with the final results.