siteMaestro for Google Sheets
More About siteMaestro
- For use ONLY by Google Apps domain users that have the ability to create Google Sites.
- Due to limitations in Google Sites API, Gmail.com accounts CANNOT use this Add-on.
- Students shared on Sites created by siteMaestro must have Google accounts -- preferably on a Google Apps for EDU domain.
- Create a new student roster or reuse any existing roster already-created in the Doctopus Add-on. Rosters can be updated with new students at any time and are stored for future re-use.
- Before creating new sites, siteMaestro searches for any EXISTING Google Sites that are owned by students on your roster -- great for "handing-off" or sharing management of student Google Sites ePortfolios across multiple teachers.
- For students needing new Sites, select a master site to copy - can be any site on which you are listed as an "owner." Need not be published as a Google Site Template.
- Set "Exclude" on any student for whom you don't want to generate a site.
- Automatically set (merged) site title, description, and category labels using your choice of fields from your sheet.
- Automatically set the student permission level ("owner" or "viewer") and site access level ("private", "domain only", "anyone") based on your selections.
- Get most recent edit by STUDENT. Retrieves the page most recently edited by the student on each site. Flags all sites where new student edits have occurred since you last checked.
- Get most recent edit by ANYONE. Retrieves the most recently edited page on each site, regardless of who the editor was. Flags all sites where new edits have occurred since you last checked.
- Get all collaborators. Gets all viewers, editors, and owners of each site and lists them in the roster sheet. Flags all changes since the last run.
- Add collaborators. Allows collaborators to be bulk-added to sites with a specified role... e.g. "Owner," "Editor," or "Viewer"
- Remove specific collaborators. Allows specified collaborators to be bulk-removed from sites...
- Change student role. Changes student site access to specified role...e.g. "Owner," "Editor," "Viewer," or "No access"
- Remove all collaborators. Removes all collaborators other than you, the current user, from student sites...
- Fetch site visibility. Fetches the visibility and access level of all sites... e.g. Private, Domain can view, Domain can edit, Anyone can view, Anyone can edit, etc.
- Set site access and permissions. Sets the visibility and access level you want to set for all sites... e.g. Private, Domain can view, Domain can edit, Anyone can view, Anyone can edit, etc.
- Retrieve all pages. Retrieves information, including last update by student, for all pages on each student site...
Written by Andrew Stillman for New Visions for Public Schools